ALFA was founded in 1910 and began operations by producing the open-topped 24 HP, designed by Giuseppe Merosi. This was made in various configurations and raced in the 1911 Targa Florio, Sicily’s famous long-distance endurance test – a shrewd move that brought recognition and commercial success. But World War 1 ended car production as ALFA … [Read more…]
The 8C (for eight-cylinder) engine was designed by Vittorio Jano and introduced by Alfa Romeo in 1931. In various forms this brilliant power plant with its finned aluminum casing was destined to propel the company’s sought-after cars throughout the 1930s and become synonymous with triumph on the racetrack and prestige on the street.